45-90 mins dependant on treatment
redness, warmth, nips
- What is dermaplaning?
- Dermaplaning benefits
- Who is not suitable for this treatment?
- How long does it last?
- Will Dermaplaning cause breakouts?
- Express Dermaplane
- Luxury Dermaplane
- Platinum Dermaplane
What is dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a deep exfoliating technique using a small sterilised blade to scrape the top surface of the face, removing layers of dead skin, vellus hair (peach fuzz), and build-up of product on the skin. Over time, Dermaplaning can also minimise the appearance of pores and pigmentation. Our Dermaplaning treatment also includes the use of AlumierMD products.
The hair DOES NOT grow back thicker or darker, but just as it was.
The procedure can be performed monthly, with no downtime post-treatment.
- Removes vellus hair (peach fuzz)
- Removes dirt & debris from your skin
- Reduces fine lines & wrinkles
- Encourages collagen reproduction
- Reduces the appearance of acne scarring
- Enables your skin to absorb 10x more products
- Enables flawless makeup application
Who is not suitable for this treatment?
- Active acne
- Active infection of any type, such as cold sores or flat warts
- Any raised lesions
- Any recent (in the last 2 weeks) chemical peel procedure
- Skin cancer, and/or any cancer treatment
- Eczema or dermatitis
- Family history of hypertrophic scarring or keloid formation
- Hormonal therapy that produces thick pigmentation
- Oral blood thinner medications
- Recent use of topical agents such as glycolic acids, alphahydroxy
- Thick, dark facial hair
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Use of Accutane within the last year
- Vascular lesion
How long does it last?
This will vary slightly from client to client depending on their own hair growth cycle but this can be anywhere from 2-8 weeks, however we must never perform this treatment less than 4 weeks apart.
Dermaplaning removes the top layer of skin so we must give the skin chance to rejuvenate otherwise we risk thinning your skin.
Will Dermaplaning cause breakouts?
Quite the opposite, actually. A build-up of dead skin can clog your pores and hair follicles, which can not only cause blemishes but also block your skincare products from penetrating the skin. This is why exfoliation is essential for maintaining an even, healthy glow.
Wearing SPF 30+ daily as your skin may be sensitive to the sun.
It’s also recommended to take a break from using retinol products for 48 hours as they could irritate the skin.
Avoid sunbeds for 72 hours
Avoid sauna/steam room for 24 hours
No make up for 24 hours
No direct sunlight for 24 hours
Keep skin hydrated
Includes double cleanse with an Alumier cleanser, dermaplaning, finishing with Alumier SPF and facial massage.
Includes double cleanse with an Alumier cleanser, dermaplaning, a choice of vitamin C, Hyaluronic acid or collagen mask combined with ultrasound technology, a choice of neck and shoulder or head massage, Alumier SPF and facial massage.
Platinum Dermaplane - the ultimate pamper for your skin
Includes double cleanse with an Alumier cleanser, dermaplaning, a choice of vitamin C, Hyalorinic acid or collagen mask combined with ultrasound technology, a choice of neck and shoulder or head massage, Alumier SPF and facial massage.
Choose from three types of Dermalux LED light that all combat different skin issues to suit you.