Vasculase (Treatment Of Thread Veins)
instant for small facial veins. Larger leg veins may require more treatments
Warm prickling sensation during application
- What is Vasculase?
- How does this treatment work?
- Pre-treatment advice
- Are there any side effects?
What areas can be treated?
3D Vasculase is the advanced thread vein removal treatment.
How it works
The 980nm wavelength delivered from the Vasculase is attracted to the Haemoglobin within the vessel to create heat within the vessel.
This heat causes coagulation and breakdown of the cells.
The vessel wall collapses and seals and the waste is removed from the body naturally.
There is a warm prickling sensation during application.
- Do not use retinol or strong AHA fruit acids on the treatment area for 5 days before and after.
- Avoid any heat on the skin on the day of your treatment.
- Where necessary, shave the area prior to treatment.
- Do not sunbathe use sunbeds or use self-tanning products on treatment area 2 weeks prior to and 4 weeks after treatment.
- When working around the mouth and client is prone to cold sores, anti-viral creams/medication are recommended at least 2 days prior to treatment and recommended for at least 1 week after treatment.
Are there any side effects?
Possible side effects
- Red spots/bumps
Rare side effects
- Local scabbing
- Pigmentation or hypopigmentation
Adverse reactions can be minimised by abiding to the pre and post treatment guidance.
- No hot baths or showers – tepid only
- Avoid touching or scratching the area
- No exfoliating products to be used on treatment area for 4 weeks
- If scabbing appears, this needs to be left to heal naturally and must not be picked off.
- No spa treatments i.e. saunas and steam rooms, swimming or Jacuzzis
- No deodorant, perfumes or scented body lotions/creams to be applied on treatment area
- Anti-inflammatory medication can be used if necessary
- SPF 30+ must be worn on exposed skin daily.
If more than one treatment is needed – Leave 4 weeks between each session on the same area.
The price of the leg treatment depends on how much treatment will be required. This will be discussed at initial appointment.