Fat dissolving injections
pain, bruising, redness, lumps, skin damage
- What areas can be treated?
- How many treatments are needed?
- How does it work?
- Is it safe?
- Are there any side effects?
- What can I expect after treatment?
What areas can be treated?
This product will not make you lose weight but is helpful in reducing stubborn areas of fat such as:
- Love handles
- Inner/outer thighs
- Under/over the back of bra strap
- Under the chin
- Under the jawline
- Around the knee cap
How many treatments are needed?
A course of 2-4 treatments at 6-8 week intervals will usually be needed to see an improvement.
How does it work?
The injected substance contains sodium deoxycholate which destroys fat cells and the fat then leaves your body through your lymphatic system. The process works gradually and can take a few weeks to see the effects.
Is it safe?
Solutions of sodium deoxycholate have been used worldwide for many years and there is lots of evidence proving its safety. Fat dissolving injections can cause harm to the skin or surrounding tissue including muscle, nerve and blood vessels. This is precisely why this treatment needs to be carried out by an expert practitioner.
Are there any side effects?
- Prolonged discomfort lasting for days or weeks
- Allergic reactions (less than 2 in 100,000 cases)
- Nodules (usually transient)
- Discolouration (less than 2 in 1000 cases), usually temporary
- Damage to blood vessels, muscle or nerves (less than 5 in 10,000 cases)
- Necrosis of the skin (less than 1 in 10,000 cases)
- Unsatisfactory results including stubborn fat, asymmetry, irregularity or loose skin
What can I expect after treatment?
Following treatement there will be some redness, swelling and discomfort. It is not unusual to experience tingling or numbness but this usually resolves.
The full effect will not be seen for approcimately six weeks.
Massaging the area can aid drainage of the fat and the wearing of compression garments is advisable where possible.
Desoface and Desobody
Number of vials needed depends on area being treated. For example the abdomen needs four vials. Course and packages are available, the exact pricing will be discussed and agreed at your consultation.